AGC ASIA PACIFIC PTE LTD (“AAP”) PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The Personal Data Protection Act (the “Act”) establishes a data protection law that governs the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data.
At AAP, we take our responsibilities under the Act seriously. We also recognise the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
This Policy and your use of this website is governed in all respects by the laws of Singapore.
- This Policy also sets out the rights that you have in relation to the Personal Data that we process about you and how you can exercise them.
- AGC treats compliance with its privacy obligations seriously. This is why we have developed this Policy, which describes the standards that AGC applies to protect Personal Data.
- Personal Data
“Personal data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time and includes the meaning otherwise as defined in the Act as amended from time to time.
Examples of such personal data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, photo, NRIC, passport or other identification numbers, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address, network data and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
- Collection of Personal Data
Generally, we may collect your personal data directly or indirectly including, but not limited, to the following ways when you
- Register or use any of our services from our website (including cookies, IP addresses, account
- Registration) and any form of information provided on our online platforms;
- Purchase or/and engage our products or services through signing of documents and agreements;
- Sign up our mailing lists for email, postal, phone and message alerts, and other forms of marketing channels;
- Enter or respond to our marketing and promotion activities, contests and initiatives;
- Participate in our market research or surveys;
- Submit forms relating to our products and services;
- Submit job applications, resumes and reference letters;
- Provide personal data when visiting our premises or events;
- Interact with our marketing personnel, customer service officers or representatives during, for example, office, emails, phone calls, video conferences, letters, face-to-face meetings, submit a comment, recruitments, events, roadshows, exhibitions, seminars, product launches etc.;
- Provide information to other organisation (e.g. business directories, credit reference agencies, banks or individuals) which you have authorised to provide your personal details on your behalf;
- Conduct any online transactions with us;
- Download or use any of our mobile applications;
- When your images are captured by us via CCTV surveillance cameras or via photos and videos taken by us or our representatives when you are within our premises or at our events;
- Submit your personal data for any other reasons.
If you provide us with any personal data relating to any third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children and/or employees) for particular purposes, by submitting such information to us, you warrant and represent to us that you have obtained the consent of such third party to provide us with the personal data for the respective purposes.
You should ensure that all personal data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested.
- Use of Personal Data
AAP and AGC Group of companies (including AGC Inc., subsidiaries and joint venture partners), appointed third party service providers and contractual outsourced parties, in Singapore and overseas, may collect, use and disclose your personal data to:
- Verify and process your personal particulars and payments;
- To provide goods and services to you;
- Respond and deal with enquiries, complaints and other customer care matters or otherwise communicate with you;
- Monitor or record phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
- Manage payments, billings, accounts, credit checks and debt-recovery matters;
- Conduct and complete both online and offline transactions (e.g. signing of sales and purchase agreements, signing of rental agreements, payments etc.);
- Conduct market research and improve customer services (e.g. surveys, performing market analysis, etc.);
- Conduct marketing, advertising, promotion (sending alerts, emails, telemarketing, SMS/WhatsApp marketing etc.);
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, government authorities and other requirements
- Enforce our legal rights and obligations;
- Facilitate business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales);
- Create and maintain relationship by ways of communication with our stakeholders (e.g. investors, prospects, tenants, occupiers, buyers, residents shareholders, employees, candidates, scholars, contractors, interns, researchers, website users, online users, app users etc.);
- Assist in the recruitment and selection process, training and development purposes, job
evaluation and compensation and benefits initiatives;
- Conduct investigations or audits or carry out crime and fraud prevention, security and risk
- Facilitate management of our facilities, including managing the safety and security of our
premises and services (including, but not limited to, issuing visitor passes, operating CCTV
surveillance and conducting security clearance, and recording of entrance to and exit from any of our premises);
- For other purposes for which we have obtained your consent; and
- Purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
Your personal data may be disclosed for the purposes indicated above to our officers and employees, third parties, affiliates, service providers, advisors, which include without limitation, and the following persons or entities:
- Banks, credit card companies, and payment vendors;
- debt collection agencies
- credit information companies
- logistics and courier services companies
- call centre services providers
- business partners and authorised distributors, dealers or resellers
- relevant government regulators or authorities or law enforcement agencies
- insurers and advisors, including consultants, auditors and lawyers
- recruitment agencies and payroll outsourcing companies
- market research agencies and consultants
- event managers and organisers
- data intermediaries;
- any party to whom you authorise us to disclose your personal data to; and.
- any other parties which, in our discretion, is expedient for, in accordance to or in connection with the purposes stated above.
In the event if AAP or any member of its group of companies buy or sell companies, divisions or businesses within the organisation, your personal data may be one of the assets to be transferred and disclosed to the purchaser.
Save for relevant government regulators and authorities or law enforcement agencies, we will ensure that such parties receiving your personal data:
- are under duty of confidentiality to us with respect to the use, holding, processing, retention and/or transfer of your personal data; and
- have the need to know or handle such personal data.
Your personal data may be transferred, stored and/or processed in a country or territory outside Singapore and you consent to any such transfer, storage and/or processing of your personal data outside Singapore. We will however ensure that any party to whom we transfer your personal data outside Singapore provides to such personal data a standard of protection at least comparable to the protection under the Act. This includes without limitation ensuring that any party coming into contact with the personal data outside Singapore:
- complies with the Act and accompanying guidelines issued by the relevant regulatory authorities, all applicable laws and regulations and this Policy and shall not do or permit anything to be done which might cause such party or us to breach this Policy.
- takes all appropriate measures to ensure such compliance by implementing such data handling principles as notified by us to them from time to time and appropriate technical and organisational measures and providing a standard of protection for the personal data that is comparable to the protection under the Act; and
- protects the personal data by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent
unauthorised access, use, disclosure or modification.
- Protection of Personal Data
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorised access to or unauthorised alteration, disclosure or destruction of personal data.
We restrict access to your personally identifying information to our employees who need to know that information in order to fulfill your request or supply our products and services.
However, we are not immune from cyber-attacks such as hacking, spyware, viruses. As such, we will not be liable for any unauthorised loss, destruction, and disclosure of your data that arise from such cyber-attack risks. In addition, you acknowledge that no data transmission over the Internet is completely secure and by providing your personal data, you are transmitting information at your own risk.
Cookies: a technology that allows a website to track subsequent requests from a given computer to it.
- Access Logs
On the website, AAP records, in the form of an Access Log, basic information on computers that access the website. The information recorded in an Access Log may contain the IP address, web browser, type of operating system, date and time of access, etc. However, this is not used in connection with personal data in any way. You can rest assured that there is no way for an Access Log to be linked to any of your personal data.
- Protection of Personal Data on Websites Linked to the AGC Glass Asia Pacific Website
- Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for business or legal purposes, or in accordance with applicable laws. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your Personal Data, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your Personal Data has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your Personal Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of Personal Data
- have any questions or feedback relating to your personal data or our Personal Data Protection Policy,
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your personal data as set out in this Policy; or
- would like to obtain access and make corrections to your personal data records,
please contact AAP as follows:
Email: email@example.com or
Write to: Data Protection Officer, AGC Asia Pacific Pte Ltd, 460 Alexandra Road #32-01 mTower Singapore 119963
- DNC Registry
The DNC Registry provisions under the Act generally prohibit organisations from sending certain marketing messages to Singapore telephone numbers, including mobile, fixed-line, residential and business numbers, registered with the registry. If you have not given us your clear and unambiguous consent, evidenced in written or other accessible form, to the sending of the telemarketing messages to your telephone number, we will check the relevant DNC Register(s) before sending our telemarketing messages. If you have previously provided us consent, unless this is withdrawn, we may continue to send marketing and promotional messages to your telephone number.
- Changes to Policy
We reserve the right to modify or change this Policy at any time. The effective date, as stated above, indicates the last time this policy was materially revised. We encourage you to review this page periodically to understand our policy regarding the collection and use of your personal data.
Your continued use of our website and acceptance of our products and services of AAP after any changes to this Policy constitutes your consent to any such changes to the extent such consent is not otherwise provided.